Friday, February 15, 2008

By the by...

I positively detest Steely Dan, the Eagles, the Allman Brothers, (particularly that Gregg foochie; that, 'baby let me show you my tattooo' song has to be one of the gayest ever,) Van Halen (heresy!!!) and Creed. Good god, man. Good to hear Creed's ignorant ass sacked that lead singer, Mr. "My wife kicked my ass with a telephone." Now I won't have to hear too much of that shit coming out of my radio anymore. Did anyone see him on "I love the 90's" all fat and doped up? I just saw him on television, and this is the closest I can get to giving him a dick punch right now. I did punch the singer for Counting Crows once. Speaking of shit coming from my radio, if I could get that Manfred Mann "Blinded by the Light" homosexiness deleted from all radio playlists, I'd be a relatively happy guy. I really miss 780AM and the old FM105.9. That was good radio. 780AM was the best, but FM105.9 played "96 Tears" by ? and the Mysterians a lot, one of the best songs ever. I remember back in the summer of 1966, that song was just about the only thing you'd hear on the radio. Oh wait, no I don't, I wasn't around back then. Seems like I was, because for some reason, I can clearly remember it. Odd, that. About the Counting Crows guy. When I was in the ninth grade, they played in Jackson, and friends dad's company was one of the shows sponsors, so we got backstage passes. I asked the fuckjobber for an autograph, and he pushed past me saying "I don't do that rock star stuff." So I drunkenly swung at him, my fist glancing off his shoulder. I don't even think he noticed, but now I have this story. And now I'm out of breath.

No comments: