Friday, February 15, 2008

The return of the Black Donnelly's- Canada's tragic roustabouts.

Pursuit. Tonight. He wrecked, ran, almost drowned in a dark and muddy stream. I could not see, but heard him thrash. When the light came, he was nowhere to be seen. I returned to his smoking car and removed his rocks and his beer cans. I then filed multiple affidavits and issued nine citations, mostly obscure code sections. Obscure, but quite valid. Felony fleeing. Failure to comply. Failure to yield to blue lights. Open vehicle into traffic. Leaving vehicle with engine running. Leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. Disregard for traffic device times two. Driving while license suspended. Expired tag. Reckless driving. Open container. Resisting arrest. Felony possession of controlled substance.
In two weeks I will drag him from his bed at 2AM. His mother will cry. As will he. Pay to play. My mind keeps returning to the time I built sandcastles with Cheryl Ladd. The sea. The moon. The angel.

No comments: