Friday, February 15, 2008

SFST Vicksburg.

Shining. There's a fog in town. Winter returned after a one day absence. I had to take an empty sardine can to the dump so it wouldn't smell up my office. I'm here alone. Had get my patrol sled fixed today, needed a new coil. Heard a bit of news that made me really glad I no longer work at my old department. Shudder to think how things would be were I still there. Other than the less than the high school kid at the mall makes paycheck, I have it made here. I'm left alone, I'm in charge of the P.M., and I'm not locked into any one division. I can patrol, I can investigate, I can TCAP, I can serve warrants, anything.

I've been investigating tonight. A can of beer and two cigarettes got me the location of a local wanted guy. Once I get another warrant cut, I'll have to take some of my guys into the woods to snag him. The woods? That's where he's been hiding. Honestly, so long as he stays there and doesn't come to the city to stir things up, he's fine. It's even better to lock him up though. Not tonight though, the fog's too thick. Last thing I want is to be alone in the woods and get knocked in the head. Not to mention they're those damn haunted woods I may have told you about.

Once, when I was not long in the uniform, I had to chase a guy into the woods. I took off my radio and threw it at him, but forgot about the repeater mic on my shoulder. A repeater mic is the little thing you see on cops epaulets, the mic that connects to the radio. Some of them have straight cords, some have the curly ones. This one was curly. So when I threw my radio, the cord stretched as far as it would go, the radio came back, the radio clocked me in the head. The guy I was chasing stopped running and let me arrest him bacause he felt sorry for me. Not all bad guys are bad guys. I now have a straight cord.

Fog's getting thicker. Were it not so cold, I might walk around a bit. I like to walk around the court house, especially when the moon is bright. I really like to climb the bell tower. They used to hang people from it, long ago. I should walk around anyway, damn the cold. Come spring, rebirth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haunted woods... Curly Cord? This story has a tad more Humor than I am used to when reading your stories.